WP Forms is a powerful form builder plugin for WordPress that allows you to create and manage forms on your website. One essential feature to protect your forms from spam and abuse is to incorporate ReCaptcha, a popular and reliable security measure provided by Google. In this video tutorial, we will guide you through the process of setting up and using ReCaptcha in WPForms for WordPress.
You can also watch the video tutorial:
Let’s get started with the tutorial:
Step 1: Accessing WP Forms Settings:
- Hover over “WP Forms” in the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click on “Settings” to access the WP Forms settings.
Step 2: Enabling and Configuring ReCaptcha:
- From the various tabs, click on “ReCaptcha.”
- Choose a captcha option from the available choices.
- Additional settings related to ReCaptcha will be displayed.
- Select the type of ReCaptcha you want to use. For this tutorial, we will set up an invisible ReCaptcha.
- To obtain the site and secret keys required for ReCaptcha, go to the Google ReCaptcha admin console.
- Search for the URL provided in the tutorial and click on “Recaptcha admin” to access the admin console.
- Register your website by filling in the required information.
- Enter your website’s URL and select the ReCaptcha type (in this case, invisible ReCaptcha badge).
- Provide your domain name and accept the ReCaptcha terms and conditions.
- Click on “Submit” to register your site and obtain the site and secret keys.
- Copy the keys from the admin console and paste them into the respective boxes in WP Forms.
- Click on “Save Settings” to save the ReCaptcha configuration.
Step 3: Creating a Form with ReCaptcha:
- Click on “Add New” under WP Forms to create a new form.
- Give your form a name and select the desired template (e.g., blank form template).
- Drag and drop the ReCaptcha field onto your form builder.
- You will see a success message indicating that ReCaptcha has been enabled for the form.
- Add other fields to your form as needed.
- Once you have finished creating the form, click on “Save” to save the form settings.
Step 4: Previewing the Form with ReCaptcha:
- Click on “Preview” to see how the form looks and functions.
- When someone fills out the form, ReCaptcha will validate the request in the background.
- This added layer of security helps to reduce spam and abuse.
Conclusion: By following the steps outlined in this video tutorial, you can easily set up and use ReCaptcha in WP Forms for WordPress. ReCaptcha provides an effective means of protecting your forms from spam and abuse, ensuring that only genuine users can submit information. With ReCaptcha enabled, you can enhance the security and integrity of your forms, providing a better experience for both you and your website visitors.