In WooCommerce, assigning shipping classes to products allows you to group similar products together and set specific shipping costs or rules for each class. By assigning a shipping class to a product, you can define unique shipping settings for that product, such as different shipping costs or methods. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of adding a shipping class and assigning it to products in WooCommerce.
You can also watch the video tutorial:
Having said that, let’s move on to the steps on How To Assign Products To Shipping Classes In Woocommerce.
Step 1: Add a Shipping Class in WooCommerce
- Hover over “WooCommerce” in the WordPress admin dashboard and click on “Settings”.
- From the various tabs, click on the “Shipping” tab.
- Look for the “Shipping Classes” link and click on it.
- To create a new shipping class, click on the “Add Shipping Class” button.
- Provide a name for the shipping class. Note that this name is not visible to users and is used for internal reference.
- Optionally, you can write a description for the shipping class.
- Click on the “Save Shipping Class” button to create the class.
Step 2: Assign the Shipping Class to Products
- Hover over “Products” in the WordPress admin dashboard and click on “All Products”.
- Select the product to which you want to assign a shipping class and click on the “Edit” link.
- Scroll down to the “Product Data” section and click on the “Shipping” tab.
- In the “Shipping Class” dropdown menu, select the shipping class you want to assign to the product.
- Click on the “Update” button to save the changes.
By following these steps, you can easily add a shipping class in WooCommerce and assign it to products. Assigning shipping classes allows you to group products together based on their shipping requirements and set specific shipping costs or rules for each class. This feature is particularly useful when you have products with different shipping considerations, such as different weight-based or location-based shipping costs. Utilize the flexibility of WooCommerce’s shipping class feature to streamline your shipping process and provide accurate shipping options to your customers.