Is your goal to actually disable the trackbacks and pings on every single one of your old WordPress posts? In case you don’t know, trackbacks and pingbacks let the various blogs notify one another that they have linked to a certain post.
But, nowadays it is mostly used by a lot of spammers to forward trackbacks from spam websites itself. Which is exactly the reason as to why we further guide you on How to exactly disable trackbacks and pings on an already existing WordPress post.
Why Should You Actually Disable The Trackbacks and Pings in WordPress?
Trackbacks and Pings were initially introduced so that blogs could easily notify one another about their links.
For example, you wrote an article and decided to add a certain link to a post on one of your friend’s blogs.After this, actually your blog would automatically further send a ping to your friend’s blog.
You can also watch the video tutorial:
This Pingback would then be visible in their blog’s comment moderation queue with a straight link to your WordPress website.
But, nowadays this feature is used by majority spammers so that they can send dozens of fake trackbacks and pings.
Thankfully, WordPress gives you the option to turn this feature off. You can just simply do that by further going to the Settings and then you have to go to the Discussion Page and then you just have to simply uncheck the box which must be right next to “Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks) on new articles” option.
But, keep it in mind that this would only turn them off in any of the new articles that you’re supposed to publish. Do keep this fact in mind that pretty much every single one of your old posts would definitely have trackbacks and pingbacks completely enabled.
WordPress would even add trackbacks to all those posts whenever you do link them on your very own blog.
Now, let’s check out how exactly you can disable trackbacks and pings on already existing WordPress posts.
How To Disable Trackbacks and Pings for WordPress Posts?
- Let’s first go to your WordPress Admin Area.
- Then, you have to place your cursor over Posts.
- Tap on All Posts.
- Further tap on the Screen options tab which should be at the right corner on the top of your screen.
- You have to enter 999 right next to “Number of items per page” option.
- Further tap on the Apply button.
- This would end up reloading the list of the posts and it would show up to 999 posts on the exact same page.
- You are required to further select All Posts simply by ticking the small box right next to the Title label.
- Once you’re done with that, you have to tap on Edit from the Bulk Actions drop down.
- Then, you are required to tap on the ‘Apply’ button.
- WordPress would now show you a bulk edit box which would have all the posts on the page that you selected.
- Right in the bulk edit box, you have to look for the Pings option and then further change it to ‘Do Not Allow’
- All you need to do now is click on Update so that your changes can be saved.
WordPress would now definitely update and straight up switch off the Pings on all the selected posts.
In case you have many more posts than 999, you just need to go to the next page and simply repeat the exact same steps.
We really hope that our guide managed to help you properly in disabling the Trackbacks and Pings on the already existing WordPress posts. If by any chance you have more doubts, queries, or questions feel free to check out our entire website Digital Suncity and if required even feel free to contact us!